Thursday, April 23, 2015

Week One


As I made the move from my small apartment in West Philadelphia to my even smaller apartment in New York City, I couldn’t help but to be so excited to be apart of the New York City life for the next six months. I have been to New York City countless times and have even lived here for many summers as a young girl but something felt so different about this time moving to the city. I am older and have much more responsibility than ever and have to live alone in the Big Apple, but somehow I was more excited than intimidated.

For the next six months on Co-op I will be working at Nautica in the Advertising department. I will be reporting to a Drexel alumni which seems to make the process less frightening because she was just in my same shoes only a couple of years ago. As I walked in on my first day I have to admit that I was very nervous, as any intern would be. The first day very laid back and everyone seemed to be so welcoming to me. As the week progressed I began to gain more and more responsibility and was receiving compliments from the staff on my work ethic. I know that I have acquired that work ethic from Drexel, which makes me feel awesome knowing that my hard work is paying off. As I will only be working part time, I was able to get the day off on Friday. As my first week at Nautica came to a conclusion, I was nothing more than excited about the next six months that I have ahead of me with the amazing company that I am working with.

No comments:

Post a Comment