Tuesday, April 14, 2015

No Escaping Public Speaking

This week I am preparing to wrap up my first 3 month internship session. Even though I am staying for another session in the summer, as part of the internship program I am required to do a presentation on a topic of my choice. This presentation will be in front of my supervisors, the CEO and president of the company, along with the other interns in the program. The purpose of the project is to chose a problem within the company and propose solutions in a 10-15 minute presentation. The topic I am focusing on is how our brand can enhance its online presence, which is very minimal at the point. I have to say I learned a lot at Drexel about how to do effective research and it is helping me a lot during this project. Doing presentations in class has also been helpful. Still, I have to say I am a little anxious about it. I have never been a huge fan of public speaking and the thought of presenting in front of the CEO makes me a bit nervous. I think it is a good idea and I like that we get to focus in on a topic, while also practicing public speaking, but I will definitely be happy when it was over. Even though I am nearly done with classes I guess I will never be able to escape public speaking. 

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like an amazing opportunity and one that could set you apart from the other interns, if you make a lasting impression on your supervisors, CEO and the president of the company. Try not to feel so nervous, as a senior who is now interviewing for as many jobs offers as possible so that I have something after I graduate, I have found that being relaxed and being myself have been my best approach! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete