Monday, April 13, 2015

Busy, Busy, Busy

Last week was equally as insane as the first week of co-op. There seems to always be something to do, a meeting to attend, or a piece of clothing to fold. I love being busy, so this is great for me. On Monday a representative from a brand we carry, League, came to the store to help us re-merchandise the sales floor. It's so useful to have someone come in and think about a new way to organize the floor. After staring at the floor for so long its hard for my boss and I to really see the untapped potential in the floor. With a fresh pair of eyes we were able to switch some displays around to provide a new layout. Small resets like this can really help boost sales for the store.

On Tuesday, we had a buying meeting with a represenative from Jansport. The represnative from Jansport brought in many logo examples for us to review and choose what we thought would sell best in the store. This meeting has been my favorite part of the co-op so far. My boss really respects and is interested in my opinion when it comes to these decisions. It was a lot of fun to pick all the logos and to see what will be arriving in a store this spring / summer. I'm excited for future meetings like these.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you are learning so much at your co-op, Melissa. That must be so exciting to sit in big meetings like that. I am also extremely busy at my co-op and it makes the time go very quickly because I am always learning something. I think that is great that your boss values your opinion because mine does also and it is such a good feeling knowing that what we learned in school can truly be applied to the real world.

    ReplyDelete