Tuesday, April 28, 2015

My 3 Month Mark

Nearly three months in to my internship I am really enjoying taking on more responsibility at work. This is technically the end of the first internship session, but since I am staying on through the summer I am about half way through. I am getting a lot of my own projects that I am solely responsible for. My boss was off on Friday and left early yesterday so I have been on my own the last few days. She left me with a list of things that needed to be taken care of when she was off, so this kept me pretty busy because I was completing the list on top of my normal tasks. It was mostly entering purchase orders for new styles, confirming work timelines with vendors, and preparing for upcoming meetings. It was nice to be able to easily complete this list on my own. I am taking on more tasks each week and it is nice to be able to handle things on my own without any assistance.

2 comments:

  1. It is great to be getting new responsibilities and I am hoping to begin to get new roles at Nicole Miller also. I have only been here for a month though so I know that I must wait a while longer before I can start to gain more responsibilities. What would you say that best approach is to ask for more roles?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is one of the best feelings when you are given more responsibility at work. I know that when my boss first left me alone when attending meeting all day I was nervous that I would not do things to her liking. But I know that it is important to trust myself and all that I have learned to be able to complete each task.

    ReplyDelete