Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Merchandising

My favorite part of my day interning is sitting in on meetings with merchandising and design. I love to watch collections come together from original color concept and inspiration boards to the actual design, then fabrications and costing.  When the finished product is finally complete it really makes you appreciate all of the work that went into creating even the simplest of pieces. It is also interesting to see how the customer receives the product and access what went well and what did not. As a merchandising intern I love being able to work with all areas of the company from production to planning to design and then marketing for photo shoots and advertisements. Each day I learn more and more about the role of each group and what they bring to the company.

2 comments:

  1. I agree I love sitting in on meetings at my job as well. I am able to watch story boards and concepts come together into a photoshoot and then see the final photos put onto websites and such. I agree that watching the process from start to finish is so rewarding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel, I agree with you as well. At my past internship I was always so amazed at the process of the initial creation to production to the customer receiving the product. It is so cool that you are able to observe each role in this process because it really does help when deciding what it is that you want to do for a career.

    ReplyDelete