Thursday, April 30, 2015

To Heel or Not to Heel

Heels. Everyone wants to look good at work and wear those heels that we always felt silly wearing to classes, but it might not be worth it. If you are in a professional setting and choose to wear heels that you cannot walk in, you are not setting a good impression. It is more important to radiate confidence than to only be able to look good when you are standing still or sitting.

I have often felt slightly intimidated by other workers when they look well together and can wear heels. I think that it is important to remember that I am still a college student and I don’t have nearly the money that some of my other co-workers might have to spend on clothing. With that in mind it is still important to look nice and professional, but with the means that you have.

It can be easy to feel pressured at work, especially being one of the youngest, newest employees. However, they hired you for you and that is important to remember. They saw something in you that they liked and you shouldn’t have to do exactly what everyone else is doing to fit in.

2 comments:

  1. I agree that wearing heals to work may not always be the best idea. This is definitely true if you spend a lot of time on your feet at work. Your shoes need to be practical for your position. I personally wouldn't wear anything to work that is uncomfortable because by the end of the day you are miserable and look silly when they become difficult to walk in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! I seem to want to look dressed and put together when going to work but sometimes comfort is key for me! You can definitely still get some flats that are very cute and you will look fashionable while also being comfotable.

    ReplyDelete