Wednesday, April 15, 2015

A Little About Lividini

I've been working at Lividini & Co for about 3 and a half months now and genuinely have loved the whole experience. My first day was January 5th and honestly I think I woke up every half hour the whole night before because I was so nervous I would miss my 5:45 am bus. However due to about seven alarms and a whole lot of adrenaline I woke up with plenty of time and got on my first two hour bus ride to be dropped off at 30th and 9th Ave and then took a 20 minute walk to the Starbucks just around the corner from my work. Lividini & Co is at 40th and 8th Avenue in midtown, just a few minutes walk from Times Square…which  you might think is cool but really it's just annoying if I have to walk through it. My bus gets me to the city around 7:45 am and I technically don't have to be at work until 9:00 am, which gives me time to grab coffee and wake up a little from my nap on the bus. However, I generally go in to work around 8:30 so I have extra time to check my email and start the days tasks. And there is always something to do at Lividini in general, even at 8:30 am, especially because my boss Arrael gets to the office at the crack of dawn.
Lividini & Co is a brand strategy, PR and marketing firm for fashion companies. I work directly under three supervisors, Arrael, Quin and Lucie, however I help out a lot of different people in the company. My day to day tasks vary greatly however, I primarily do things like pull media lists to send out pitches or invites to, research trends, make hotsheets (collages of product to pitch to editors), credit check, assemble giftings to editors and help come up with ideas for pitches. There are also a lot of other little tasks throughout the way and errands to run. Clients I do a lot of work for are Fossil, Fossil Partnered Brands, Monica Rich Kosann, Ivanka Trump, and Shoes of Prey.
I cannot express how much I have learned so far and I keep learning more as I go. I've learned technical skills, skills about how to communicate, and a lot about the fashion industry. Furthermore I have built up a lot of confidence in myself. One of the best things about working at Lividini is the work environment. My supervisors and co-workers are so supportive and constantly encourage me and mentor me. They make my learning and development a priority and I am so thankful for that. It's helped me become more confident in my abilities and increased my passion for my industry even more. I'm really excited about all the upcoming events and projects going on at Lividini and can't wait to blog about those as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment