Wednesday, April 29, 2015

WWD Launch Event

I would really like to start this off with a witty opening, but to be honest I’m still in shock from how, for lack of a better word, COOL last night was.
Lividini & Co. was tasked with organizing and doing the press for Women’s Wear Daily’s launch event last night. For those of you that may not know, WWD is a critical trade publication for the fashion industry, which means that the guest list last night, though extensive (over 1000 people) was only the most important people in the industry. About 400 people came and of those we had about 100 VIP’s.
I helped for weeks prepping for this event with guest lists, shot lists, RSVP’s and press outreach. And as amazing as looking at the RSVP’s was everyday, actually meeting those people I’ve admired for ages was unreal.
My job last night was to help get the VIP’s – the most important people of the important people – to what is called the step-and-repeat, where a slew of photographers are waiting to take their pictures in front of a wall of WWD Magazine’s. I also ensure that when these celebrity designers, editors, and CEO’s show up, they walk straight past check in, because, quite frankly, we should know their names without asking.
That means I personally met:
Calvin Klein
Ralph Lauren (ie the cutest and coolest old man you will ever encounter)
Diane Von Furstenberg
Carolina Herrera (who is the epitome of class and timeless beauty)
Tommy Hilfiger
Prabal Gurung
Anna Sui
and my favorite designer Vera Wang.
I actually went up to her and said something along the lines of  “Hi Vera, how are you? Would you mind coming with me for a quick photo?”
Honestly, I can’t tell you what I said word for word because I’m not totally convinced it wasn’t a dream.
The stress was high, but it was a monumental night and really amazing experience!

To see pics of notables: 
http://wwd.com/eye/parties/wwd-weekly-launch-party-10119421/slideshow/#!4/weekly-mag-launch04/



2 comments:

  1. Ah! That night seems amazing! You're so lucky to have met these people. It sounds like you had a lot of work to do and it all paid off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so amazing that you were able to work the WWD event. I am sure you loved it. It sounds so cool that you got to meet so many influential people in the fashion industry. It is so cool that you got to meet your faviorite designer Vera Wang!

    ReplyDelete