Saturday, May 2, 2015

Odd Jobs

I am starting to get more comfortable at the Consulate, and also have been given a lot of jobs to do. It is rare that anyone in the office has one specific job because people typically have more than one job responsibility/title. Even though it can be a lot to handle, everyone is generous and helps each other out.

For example there is one woman who works in the passport office, but also has to fill in in the education department to help students obtain visas and such, so she bounces back and forth between those spots. I happen to sit at the Cultural desk, where people often call in with issues or try to get through to other departments or the Consul General, and I just forward them to the correct place. I don't serve as the Cultural point person, but I do often get calls there (and have to awkwardly explain that I just happen to sit at the desk haha).

I've also picked up a lot of responsibilities that I had no idea I would be doing. I came to the Consulate at the "Media Coordinator" for Ciao Philadelphia, so I usually am working on logos, and presentations, and doing some general planning and logistics. Recently he has asked me to help write letters to sponsors and people who attended events last year. It is a really daunting task when you don't have much to base it off of, but it actually went really well! I don't mind having more things to do because it keeps me busy!


No comments:

Post a Comment