Thursday, May 21, 2015

A Schedule Shift

This week I began working a compressed schedule with the rest of the office. The company offers summer hours to employees from the week of Memorial Day to the week of Labor Day. With this schedule employees have the option to come in an hour earlier or stay an hour later Monday-Thursday and then are able to leave at 12:30 on Fridays. I chose to go in an hour early each day, which I didn't think would be a big deal. This week was a bit of a rough transition. Waking up an hour earlier each day made a big difference and I found myself very tired throughout the day. The 10hr day also seemed endless. I guess it just goes to show that when you get in a routine even a small change can through things off. It may just take a week or two to get used to but I am looking forward to having my Friday afternoons off!


1 comment:

  1. I definitely would have chosen to go in earlier as well, just to get Friday afternoons off. It will be worth it once you get used to your new schedule. Another plus is that you're getting used to waking up earlier and I think that is one of the most difficult tasks. Once you've done it enough it'll be completely normal for you! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete