Thursday, May 14, 2015

Women's World


This sign is located on the women’s restroom at Nicole Miller. It is creative and fun, but it also prompted me to look at the men’s restroom door, where there was nothing but a “Men’s” sign. This realization made me see that in the fashion industry there are excessively more women than there are men. I don’t think that this is a good or bad thing, however, I do believe that things would be different if men were equal or even the predominant workers in the fashion industry. I think that it is important to have as diverse a group as possible when trying to create. Diversity allows for an incredible collaboration of backgrounds, histories, stories, and experiences. Without an equal share of men in the fashion world we as the women of this workforce could be missing important detail that could positively impact and change fashion as we know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment