Friday, May 22, 2015

Tight Deadlines

Today I had a really busy day. I had to create a Step and Repeat (like a large backdrop you see at red carpet events) and a large vertical banner for an event we have in June.  At the event we will be interviewing people for a promotional video, so we needed some banners to have as a background, and we can use it for future events during Ciao Philadelphia!

It was a lot of work and stress, but it all was completed by the end of the day. I’m really glad that I get to create a lot of materials, which will be great for my portfolio. Plus, I generally have full creative freedom and then go over the ideas with my boss. I only have to get it approved by him, so it cuts out all of the different middle men and other levels of management, like you may find in other businesses.


I’ve also begun work on redoing our website. I wanted to clean up the navigation and give it a more contemporary design. I’ve used WordPress in the past, and I’m excited to learn more. I will be working with an outside company on the website so they can help me if I ever have questions.

This is a draft of the vertical banner which will be roughly 8 feet tall

1 comment:

  1. I think that it is so exciting to be able to be hands-on and create something from scratch and then see the end result be put to use! You will definitely feel satisfaction when you see your work hanging up at the event and all of your hard-work will pay off.

    ReplyDelete