Friday, May 8, 2015

Random Thoughts on Co-op and Meeting President Fry!

This week the Consul had a lot of important people to meet with, and we held an event Thursday night. The Consulate partner's with various cultural institutions in Philadelphia, and the event was held by the American Jewish Committee.

There were guest speakers who discussed global mindedness and the importance of promoting an international mindset, especially in higher education. For this reason, President Fry was the guest of honor and speaker. I was even lucky enough to meet him and have him mention me in his speech to use as an example of a Drexel Co-op working in an international setting. I was completely surprised when he mentioned me, as I was in the room taking photos for the event!

Even little touches like that make Drexel and the Co-op system such a rewarding experience. Having an internship experience built into the curriculum is a resource not many college students have. I am very thankful that I will have this experience under my belt before graduation.

Another thing I've been thinking about this week is how Co-op not only allows you to figure out what you want to do, but what type of setting you want to work in. My Co-op is very fast paced and stressful which can be exciting and rewarding, but I find that taking time to do things is more of my style. I have the ability to work quickly, but when things start to pile up it only sets you up for failure. My dream job has always been to be my own boss, whether a boutique or freelancing, and I think that is still my goal looking forward.

President Fry speaking at the Consulate (I unfortunately didn't get a picture with him!)



No comments:

Post a Comment