Tuesday, May 12, 2015

A Day In The Life Of The District Managers Intern

Waking up at 8am I leave my apartment in Honolulu right outside Waikiki around 8:40am to head to my bus stop about 20 minutes away. I take the 9 bus to my office which is about 15 minutes, all in all not a bad commute. As the District Mangers intern I help her with all of her daily tasks. These include scheduling maintenance men, window cleaners, and whatever else the stores need. I also help her hire and follow through with their Secret Shopper Program. The feedback from the Secret Shoppers allows the company to be able to uphold good customer service every time.


No two days are the same at San Lorenzo, which is why I love my internship. Usually we only spend two full days in the office because the other days we are running errands for the stores or visiting the Oahu locations. Store visits are my favorite because we get to look at the merchandising and give the store tips on things that should be changed. The four stores on the island are completely different and cater to the area that they are in. There is one on the North Shore in Haleiwa, one of the East side in Kailua, one in town at the Ala Moana Center Mall, and one right by the University of Hawaii at Manoa in Pucks Alley. I love traveling the island with my boss because I get to learn so much. She really values my opinion and I get to use a lot of the things I learned in school. I impressed her with my knowledge of Illustrator, mocking up a section of the store that she wanted to re-do and presenting it to the owner in which she approved. I am excited to see the design come to life.

Mountains in Kailua

No comments:

Post a Comment