Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Work Environment

I find that the people you work with can make or break your internship experience. At my Co-op, I was the only intern there most days. The people I worked with were nice, but I did not make any real friends working because everyone in the office was much older than me. My internship experience now is lot different. There are about twenty interns and several young entry level employees. I have gotten friendly with one of the entry level employees in my department as well. It is nice to have people to talk with about your experiences and I feel like the group is very supportive. It really makes it a much nicer working environment when you have people in the office that you get along well with. I think it just goes to show that a large part of being happy at a job is not just the job itself but also the people in the company. I will definitely keep that in mind when I search for jobs after graduation.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree that the work environment is key! It's one of the reasons I love my current internship so much.

    ReplyDelete