Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Photoshoot!


At Nautica I work in the Marketing department but specifically in Advertising. I work under the Advertising staff and assist in anything they need. I also help out in the Marketing department as a whole. I love being on the floor with the entire Marketing department because I am able to see many different aspects of Marketing from Advertising to Social Media and many other things. As many people may know, Advertising has a lot to do with photo-shoots. Since I have been here at Nautica I have been able to work on the Fall 2015 campaign as well as the Kids Fall 2015 campaign. I worked more in depth with the Kids photo-shoot because I was here for a little bit longer and had a bit more experience than with the Fall 2015 campaign. This past Thursday I got to attend the Kids photo-shoot in Tod’s Point Connecticut.
There are so many things that go into planning and preparing for these photo-shoots. For the Fall 2015 campaign I was mostly a part of the pre and post production of the shoot. I was not able to attend the shoot but I was able to see all the steps it takes to make it happen! I was able to attend the Kids photo-shoot in Connecticut which made the experience very rewarding. To be on the site and see everything that I organized and put together come to life in the photo-shoot was so awesome. Next week I will have a meeting to go over the pictures that were taken and be able to sit in as they pick the ones to be edited. It is great that I will be here for a full six months because I will be able to see three different types of campaigns from planning until installation when they are revealed and put into place.
Overall, being at the photo-shoot was the best part of my job yet. It was very fun but also to see all of my team and my hard work come to reality was very exciting. Being on a beach instead of in an office was a good break as well! The picture below is the beach that the photo-shoot took place at.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like such a great experience! I have also been a part of planning a photo shoot and it truly is rewarding when you get to see your work come to life. Without the planning, there is no shoot. The image is beautiful and it's also really exciting that you have more time at your co-op and you already are doing such an in-depth job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds so exciting, Morghan! I have always been really interested in professional photoshoots and I think that is so awesome that you got to attend one. I am sure you will feel really proud when you get to see the shoot all finished and put together. Nautica sounds like such a great place to work!

    ReplyDelete