Tuesday, May 5, 2015

J Brand Trunk Show!

At Knit Wit we had a J Brand trunk show in the store. This meant that 5 new styles of jeans came as well as some ready-to-wear samples. The rep for J Brand stayed the entire day to talk to customers about the fit of the jeans and answer any questions that they had. I had a blast because my first task of the day was to try on all of the new jeans to get an idea of how they fit and learn enough about each style so that I could talk to customers about them. It definitely felt like shopping instead of being at work, but I wasn't complaining. 

The front of the store was merchandised with the jeans laying out on 4 different tables including the new styles and the ones that we already had in the store, and in front of those was the rack with the ready-to-wear items. It was really interesting to talk to the rep about her job and the brand itself. I truly learned more than I thought I would when walking into work that day. 

Fun Fact from Helen, the J Brand rep: "Instead of washing your jeans in the washer and dryer, fold them up and put them in a plastic bag and then put them in the freezer overnight." 
* Apparently this allows the jeans to remain just as you bought them without stretching out too much or changing in color and texture. 


1 comment:

  1. I have found that being the right size when working in fashion can have very many benefits. I worked in footwear design and was often given free samples. Keep in mind that many designer feel attached to their products and be sensitive to that when accepting products or trying them on!

    ReplyDelete