Monday, November 12, 2012

A Polished Photo Shoot

     Last week, I recapped my experience filming Drexel students for a new Polished for Pennies feature on the blog. The video was posted this week and I'm so excited to share it with you! It was an amazing feeling to see the results of the work I had done.
     This week, I got to attend my first photo shoot as P4P intern. Polished for Pennies styled a beautiful "Boudoir Beauty" themed shoot with free-spirited photographer Cheyenne Gil. We incorporated dazzling jewelry from a local shop, Barbara B's Jewels and beaded and lace gowns from Gigi's Consignment Shop. I was responsible for making sure all of the garments and jewelry pieces were accounted for, as well as steaming the garments and dressing the models. I enjoyed the laid-back atmosphere of the shoot and the energy that all the creative women brought there. Each person was so good at what they were doing, whether it be styling, modeling, shooting, or makeup and hair. It was great to see passionate women working together to create something beautiful.
     Everything ran so smoothly, so there was really no stress. The fittings were done beforehand and there were a lot of hands on deck, so the entire photo shoot ran quickly and efficiently. We even took some headshots to put on the new blog, which came out really cute.
      I also took some behind-the-scenes photos for the blog. I'm enjoying becoming more involved with the content creation for the blog. As the professionals continue to work on the new website platform, I have more time to be creative in different ways than before, and it keeps me on my toes. Can't wait to share some of the photos with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment