Thursday, November 29, 2012

Allocation Issues

One of the more frustrating problems that happens at the office is when specific styles are out at photo shoots.  Of course this doesn't mean the styles will even be used either.  The styles being out of the office really messes up the production schedule since the pattern makers need to measure the garments and create new patterns from them.  It is a bit irritating that production seems to be put last on the list compared to PR events.  I guess you really can't say no to Vogue, W or Bergdorfs!  What is shocking is that Vera's PR firm, PR Consulting, does not use technology to track samples at all.  They don't use Fashion GPS, which is a really great service that tracks samples with a small gps tracker attached to them.  This was incredibly surprising since samples are misplaced or lost all of the time.
Model Shu Pei in one of the RTW looks
I hope everyone's Thanksgiving break was awesome by the way!  I was able to take off Monday and Tuesday for a small Chicago trip.  If you've never been, I highly suggest going!  The architecture and art culture in general is phenomenon.  Did I mention the shopping?  The Magnificent Mile has everything.  It was only a 5 minute walk from my hotel too.  What surprised me most was when I visited the Art Institute of Chicago's museum.  It's actually quite large and has a new Modern Art wing that includes architectural renderings of buildings within Chicago.  They also have a room full of Monets!
The Bean at Millenium Park!

1 comment:

  1. So exciting that you got to go to Chicago! I've been dying to go there. Did you go there for work or just to go for travel? Hope you had lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete