Sunday, November 4, 2012

A Wish Come True- Sandy...

Hello everyone! I hope you all stayed safe during the hurricane this last week!

I only had two days of work this week. The factory was closed Monday and Tuesday and then on Wednesday. Funny story about Wednesday though!

I called the office and the phones were out. I had no contact numbers otherwise, which was a fault on my part-- although I had given my boss my phone number a while ago. I got dressed up in my costume since it was Halloween. I was Medusa so I had snakes in my hair and looked pretty wild. Drove to work, and when I got there, no lights were on. Luckily, the woman who works the front desk showed up too. She did not get the message either. We swapped contact numbers and then she passed mine along. I found out my boss forgot to add my number into her phone. But I know that I showed my dedication to work since I still showed up in full costume. I also learned my lesson to ask for phone numbers ahead of time.

I had to work over an hour later on Thursday since we only had two days and normal time on Friday. I was busy with costing and filing and samples. However, I was not as busy as I had expected to be. I got all my work done and can say that I had a pretty good week.

This coming week there is a photo shoot for the Australia and New Zealand clients. I should be really busy with that and then we are hosting a cocktail party for clients at the end of the week! They will get a tour of the factory and see the new costumes in person.

Have a good week everyone, we are already entering week 7!

-Victoria

2 comments:

  1. I ran into a similar situation last week. Although I had the phone numbers of my coworkers in my phone, they didn't have mine. My head supervisor was able to contact me both by email and text on Sunday night so I already knew not to go in, but Monday morning I got another call from someone else to relay the message. It's crazy how the storm caused so many communication issues. Because we work with so many places based in New York, we didn't have much to do last week either.

    This week sounds great for you, though! Australia and New Zealand clients will definitely be interesting. And a cocktail party is sure to be fun!

    Also, I loved your Halloween costume idea. Medusa, how creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That storm really through everything off! But I'm glad you were able to find out about your work before you had to go in! And thank you!

    ReplyDelete