Sunday, November 18, 2012

A Wish Come True- Bridal Showers and Samples!

Good evening, everyone! We are already entering week 9! I cannot believe it; Drexel terms fly by!

This past week was fairly interesting, as any other week! I was kept pretty busy all week because a list was made of all the costumes made before the 2013 collection that they wanted to keep one sample of in the sample room. I had to go through the racks and pull out all the costumes not listed and if there were multiples of the ones on the list, choose one to keep. I only was able to fill three racks completely this past week because I was only given three empty racks and I need probably three or four more! I then had to go through each costume and check the green cards to see if they said "DO NOT SELL" on them. I took those out and then checked for ruined costumes with pulls or rips. These all went in the donation box, which I would then measure! I then had to take the costumes that were in good condition and check the labels to see if they had the correct style numbers and if not, print new ones! Once this was done, I had to see if the Trim department could take them and put them in stock. By Friday, they had put them all away so I got my racks back to start again! I will be busy this week!

On Wednesday, we threw a surprise bridal shower for Shyla. We had a pot luck-- so I made brownies! It was really nice to see how everyone cared so much and bought her gifts. AWish Come True really has great people!

By Friday, Stephanie and I had finished putting up the last Dance '13 costumes on the forms. We are finished with dance size sets! Yay! This means we move on to ANZ and Team! 

There was a meeting Friday with the pattern makers and designers to discuss Holiday. We went over the entire 2012 catalogue and discussed what has been successful and what has not. My job tomorrow will be making a board of the costumes that we will be repeating for 2013. We were also encouraged to look at our competitors Holiday costumes! It was really interesting to see how other companies interpret certain themes!

Well, I hope everyone has a great week! And an awesomely happy Thanksgiving!
I am looking forward to three days of work this week!

-Victoria :]

No comments:

Post a Comment