Tuesday, February 26, 2013

A Change of Pace

These weeks just keep flying by! I know that I've said that in almost every post, but seriously. Today, my supervisor asked when my last day was and as I said March 28th, it made me realize that I only have one month from Thursday left! I honestly don't know how I'm going to adjust to classes again because I have grown so used to driving to West Chester everyday to QVC!

Everyone came back to the office from LA yesterday and today. Friday's Red Carpet event was a huge success and it is so fun to look at pictures and hear people's stories from being there right before the Oscars amongst some of the stars who were lucky enough to be at the Oscars and all of the spectacular parties that go along with it.

Last week, although it was quiet, Friday was absolutely crazy. We were missing all the people who were in LA, but then there were two other people out sick, so it ended up only me and two other coworkers in the office. I have mentioned the PAF process before that we have to go through by 12 noon everyday and on Friday with only three of us there, I had to manage getting several of these orders in on time. Although it was a mad dash, we managed to get through everything without having to forego any opportunities to get product placements in magazines.

The change of pace that I am referring to in the title has to do with one of the things that I did today. Today, a reporter from the NY Times came to talk to the makeup artist Mally who is frequently on QVC. I had to help set up lunch in the multi purpose room for the reporter and crew. It was the first time that I have ever been in that room and it was quite breathtaking actually. The set up was spacious with luxurious furniture and decor. Although out of the job description, it was something different and I enjoyed seeing a different space and meeting some new people who work in the vicinity of that room.

I look forward to what will be happening in the next few weeks. It's going to be sad to leave, though. Technically, I only have only 4 more weeks and to think how fast the past few months have flown, I am sure that March 28th will be here before I know it. I am thrilled that I have met such great people and I will continue to enjoy their company and guidance over these last weeks that are to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment