Thursday, February 21, 2013

A Day At The Flea!

Hello!  It’s Week 7 with Free People, and I had the wildest day at work with my boss on Wednesday.  Ali took me out for the morning and early afternoon to show me the kind of stuff she does outside of the office – SHOPPING (every girl’s dream, right?).

I’ll briefly explain, but I have attached some pictures that speak more than words!
Wildest diner you could ever imagine.
My boss, marking her territory!




















We started off the morning driving to New Hope from the city, which took a while.  We stopped at a crazy diner (It’s Nutts!) and got coffee before we got to the Golden Nugget Flea Market.  No one was set up outside, so we went inside – and found the mecca.

My boss is an insane collector of Native American and Western artifacts.  Walking inside, we found a very nice lady who sold lots of great antique Native American woodcarvings, knick-knacks, and pictures.  We spent nearly an hour with her; I was watching, and my boss kept grabbing.  It was really amazing to watch two people who knew so much about Native American history to discuss quality, date, and pricing.  The woman that we purchased from even lent some of her priceless artifacts to be used in movies or television shows.  It was a really pleasant experience.  Also, my boss was so pleased with her purchases!

Just a fraction of our haul...

Then we moved on to a jewelry place in Doylestown, which turned out to be closed, so we went to lunch instead.  We then had a very long trek back to the city, but we had a lot of fun listening to music and taking in the scenery.  I hope to go out with her again before I am done there!!

No comments:

Post a Comment