Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Continuing Post-Grad Thoughts

     As I near the end of co-op, I realize how much I am going to miss everyone that I work with. It's insane that I only have 3.5 weeks left. It really set in today with Melanie's email about completing our ES&P form that my co-op is almost done. I'm definitely not looking forward to adjusting to classes next term, that's for sure.
     At work, I am still in the middle of packing up our Fall 2013 samples to ship back to The North Face in California, so not much has changed. Before I started working at The North Face, I was a little hesitant on how I was going to feel working with the technical/weather-friendly apparel that The North Face produces, as opposed to other more modern and trendy brands. I have to say it's been incredible learning about all of the technical aspects of each piece. There is so much to do when it comes to textiles you would be amazed! I've really grown to appreciate the function of a garment instead of it's style appearance (I never thought I would say that) through my experience at The North Face. This is not to say that The North Face doesn't have stylish clothes (they do), but when comparing them to a brand like Free People, it's two different types of fashion. I am now considering whether I would prefer to work for a more technical-based brand or a fashion-driven brand, or if the type of brand it is doesn't matter to me. Everyday I am realizing more things I should be taking into account when I begin to look for jobs after graduation. Hope everyone is having a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment