Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Another Week, Another Lesson Learned

Over the past week, I have been doing a lot of the same routine things but unlike what I've done before, this week I worked on inventory. I have done inventory in my other internships and although it seems like an easy task, just counting and keeping track, it can actually get a little bit confusing.

It was my job to count mini mannequins. They all came in their own personalized box and then there were nine smaller boxes in a little box. My biggest challenge was figuring out how to get the smaller boxes out of the bigger boxes because they were packaged so tightly. The reason that I had to unpack them is so that I could check the pattern that was mentioned on the label of each box. I had to make sure that there was 100 of the "Toile" print mini mannequins. At one point, my finger got stuck in the box and I had a bit of a hard time getting it out. All the while I was thinking about how I was sitting on the floor of a back room, wrinkling my J. Crew dress.

Inventory was just a small part of my week though. I had a photoshoot last Wednesday as per usual where I dressed and undressed a mannequin as well as styled handbags. Tomorrow I have another shoot and will have to figure out how to style a very large clock. When my coworker asked me for my help to go pick up a "pillow, blanket and clock" from the warehouse, I imagined an alarm clock and couldn't figure out why she needed help...and then I saw the clock in all its' glory and its' very big box. I am still wondering how exactly I am going to get that clock down to the digital studio along with the very full rack of clothing that I have, but I will see what happens.

Today we had a team meeting where we discussed "role clarity." We are trying to get on the same page as all of the other teams in our category. Our overall team includes my PR, Strategic Planning, Marketing and a few more. The fact that I can't even name all of them shows the very reason that we are all trying to align ourselves and get on the same page. Next week is the Red Carpet event that I mentioned in a prior post and we heard a bit about that at our meeting today. That whole event is put on by the strategic planning team and we are all looking forward to hearing how that goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment