Thursday, February 7, 2013

Keeping The Peace.


Hello! It’s week 5 and I am definitely starting to get the hang of things here at Free People.  It’s a really great feeling being able to have a task given to me, and knowing that I am able to do it without asking too many questions or bothering my bosses.  They really do rely on me to help them put all of this in order.

Even though it is only the first week of February, my boss has been planning her March vignettes for a few weeks.  On Monday, I entered all of the items for the first March concept into our system, and at the end of the day we do something called a Handover.  We take all of the merchandise and essentially “hand it over” to the other members of the team.  We have professional photographers upstairs that photograph the clothing for the website.  While CJ (our photographer) is working with the clothing, we have a copy writer that writes about the product for the website.  We work back and forth with these people (and many others), making sure that all items in the collection have been seen by both parties.  Eventually, we receive the items back and mail them out to the DC (Distribution Center) for them to sort before we launch the collection online. 

On Wednesday, for most of the day, I made SKUs for all of the items for March.  It’s the specific item number for that one product throughout the whole Urban system; it’s basically a unique ID for that one product along all levels.  Otherwise, since my boss wasn’t there, I tried to touch base with all of the other members of our team.  We launched our February 1 vignette today, so yesterday I checked in with the DC making sure that everything was processed and put away for the launch.  I also checked in with the other members of our team here to see that we are on our deadlines for the February 2 vignette.

Needless to say, it’s a never-ending process.  Even though we are just launching our first collection for February on Thursday (today!), we are already full speed ahead working on the end of March.  Fashion is such a fast world – you can’t even enjoy the items when they are happening, because you already have to be on to the next thing!

Here’s a photo of one of our new vignettes – check it out at freepeople.com!


No comments:

Post a Comment