Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Changing of the Seasons

     As I am reaching the closing of my co-op experience, I am beginning to see the transition between the Fall and Spring selling season at The North Face. Fall 13 orders have been placed, a good portion of the Spring 14 samples have been received and scanned into our computer system, and now I am working on preparing the Fall 13 samples to be sent back to The North Face headquarters. When we received the Fall 13 orders, I unpacked and scanned them into an excel document, hung them, organized them by category and by rep. To send the samples back to The North Face, I have to scan the items back into the computer (but instead of a receiving file, it's an outgoing file), and will then combine all of the reps F13 sets and box them up to go back to California. It's interesting to see the differences in styles, colors, and overall number of styles between the Fall and Spring collections (the fall collection is enormous! and the spring collection is very small in comparison). To be honest, I thought I might be sick of working everyday at this point and ready for classes (as I was always told by many students on co-op before I started mine), but I'm actually sad that my co-op experience is coming to a close. I really love the work I do and the people that I work with, they're like a second family to me now. I hope everyone has a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment