Wednesday, February 6, 2013

A Wish Come True- Design Meetings and Fallen Awnings

Hello everyone! How is it going? There has been a bunch of little projects and tasks I have had to do and a lot of time for my own creativity to flow!

On Thursday, I drove into work to find that the A Wish Come True awning had been blown off of the building. It is about twenty feet long and very heavy! This was possibly the most exciting thing to happen. Ten men from the shipping department had to come up front and move it. It was unbelievably entertaining, especially when they ran into a tree because they were underneath the awning.

Later that day we had a design meeting where we went through every sketch idea that had been collected for Dance '14. This took 2 hours! It was such an informative experience though. I watched as every sketch was worked through and even added my own input when necessary. Some sketches had great silhouettes and fabric choices, while other needed some adjustments or fabric changes. It was interesting to see which ones were chosen and which were rejected. Others were handed back to be reworked. I did not hand in my own sketch this session. I used Friday to work creatively and come up with two of my own sketches I have submitted.

Right now, my work is slow. I do not have a large workload and I am always looking for work. I have had cutting tracker tasks where I update the cutting tracker and other tasks where I cut out belts for certain pieces by hand.

I am looking forward to trying my hand at more designs and the busy season! Hope everyone has a good week and stays warm in this weather!

-Victoria

No comments:

Post a Comment