Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Quiet Around the Office

Last week, was an average week. I did all of my routine things, the photoshoot was on Wednesday where I actually had to work with more home items than normal. There was a giant clock that I was a bit hesitant about taking a picture of and how I would transport it, but luckily it all worked out and capturing the clock in all its' glory was not too bad. The other two home items that we worked with are a pillow and a blanket. I actually had to steam the pillow because it was so wrinkled! (I actually compared it to an old eighties prom dress...the fabric it was made of and the blue color made me think that.) The blanket was actually quite difficult because it was fuzzy, but it was nothing that some photoshopping couldn't take care of!

This week is so slow and quiet! As I've mentioned in the past, this week is the big Red Carpet event! Three of the seven women on my team are in LA for it, so the remaining four and I have been trying to hold down the fort as best as we can. I am currently working on a beauty pitch that is coming up in March called "British Invasion." It's actually so much fun for me especially because I am planning on studying abroad in London this summer!

One of my favorite things about my internship with QVC is that I am constantly learning. For this British beauty pitch, I have had to research British beauty products and I found out that beauty is currently one of the fastest growing markets in the UK. I went to Ireland a few years ago and I remember loving the pharmacy there called Boots because it had such amazing beauty products. I look forward to actually seeing and using the products that will be coming from this event because I am sure they will be unbelievable!

No comments:

Post a Comment