Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Keeping Busy

The time keeps going by so quickly and the reason why is that I have been kept very busy at work. Each day I go into work knowing what I have to finish up from the previous day as well as whatever I am given to do that day. Sometimes the mornings start of slow, but just before lunch time, I always have a lot to do. I am figuring out how to prioritize and keep track of what I am doing and what I have to do.

Last week, as I said in my previous post, I worked on the beauty mailing. There were about 75 of those that went out. Because I worked so diligently and got them done so quickly, I was asked by the Jewelry, Home and Electronics team to help with their mailing. A new line just got released called Bronzo and it is an entire line of bronze jewelry. For the mailing, there was a bronze cuff and a tarte bronzer. After seeing some of the ways that these mailings are executed, I have certainly come to realize that a lot of thought and effort go into creating a gift that editors will love and feature in their magazines/blogs.

Another thing that I was working on last week was a pitch for Valentine's Day. I emailed about 50 bloggers with some products that I picked out as perfect for V-Day looks. It featured a lot of pinks and reds along with girly scents and packaging. It was quite exciting for me when I got replies back right away asking for samples of the products I picked. I am currently waiting for the write ups and even a video tutorial on the products. My supervisor emailed our whole team to congratulate me about the quick response from the bloggers and one of them even tweeted a picture of the product as soon as she got it.

I'm also working on a lot of things for the summer. I have been compiling sunscreens as well as makeup products such as moisturizers and powders with SPF in it. I believe that there will be a lot of coverage in magazines this summer about skincare and protection from the sun as well as alternative ways to get tan such as with lotions and gels that produce a bronzed and sun kissed glow. I always feel the need to try the products after I write about them, so I will probably end up buying some of the things that have not yet been launched on the site but will be available for purchase in the spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment