Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Post-Grad Thoughts

       Working at Full Circle Group LLC/The North Face, has been a very unique experience for me. We are an independent representative agency for the Mid-Atlantic region of the US for The North Face.  All of my work revolves around The North Face obviously, but it is not a corporate setting. I work in a house that my boss bought for the company, which makes my work environment very comfortable. There also are only about 12 people that work for our company, however, some of our employees work out of our NYC office, some work mostly from home, and some work at the office here in West Chester. There are usually 6 people that work out of our West Chester office (including me), but some days there are only 2 people here depending on everyone's schedule that week. Since I work with mostly reps, sometimes they are on the road, showing the line, or visiting their accounts which is why they aren't always working out of the office. Another interesting aspect of my job is that I get to work with large department stores such as Macy's from my computer here at the office. I'm currently helping work on a lookbook for Macy's that they are creating for this year. I'm not really a NYC girl, and I've been told many times that "you need to be in NYC for fashion" or "it's hard to find a job after graduation unless you move to NYC." However, I love my job here in West Chester, and it has really shown me that I can have a hands-on job in the fashion industry, and I don't need to be in NYC. Don't get me wrong, NYC is a great city with many opportunities and a lot to offer, but isn't a great fit for everyone. You either LOVE it or you don't, but you can't force yourself to like it. Reading all of the other D&M girls blog posts that are working out of the greater Philadelphia area has also eased my post-graduation worries.

No comments:

Post a Comment