Monday, February 11, 2013

Change

I think most Drexel University students can relate to the love/hate relationship I have towards the quarter system (more love than hate). The greatest benefit from this fast pace lifestyle and school system is that it prepares you well for change.
This background prepared me well for a recent department transformation in which they restructured the position responsibilities and number of people working for the marketing and event planning team. This may not seem like a significant change but it has actually given me a new boss and an entirely different set of responsibilities and projects. It was a curveball for sure and there are still elements of the unexpected in everyday.
With all of these new challenges came a large opportunity. The marketing department has decided to completely make over the social media campaign. Each day, the team of interns and I have been working on revamping it. Its challenging but also fun because it is very open ended. It really has been up to us to be creative and to decide the new approach. I'm looking forward to the end of my internship in six weeks because hopefully the social media will be drastically different, completely functional, and engaging for readers. If successful, it would be a great responsibility and lesson to add to my resume.
Change is unexpected, uncomfortable, and scary sometimes, but also unavoidable. It may seem unnatural, but I suppose a person can get better at adapting to change with more practice. It's always good to be ready for whatever is thrown at you at work, school, and in life because you never know where great opportunities may be!

No comments:

Post a Comment