Sunday, February 23, 2014

Keeping Up With The…

Working over 200 miles away from my fellow employees makes it easy to get out of the loop. Constant communication is necessary to stay up to date, and thankfully, technology makes it easy to do so. Being able to communicate with my employees no matter where I am physically helps me to stay connected and updated. Emails and texts are our primary source of communication, however we have a weekly phone call that lasts about an hour. Additional short calls depending on what projects we're working on or news that has come up will occur sporadically throughout the week when we are both available. 

Our weekly call involves major updates to Colour of London's performance schedule and primarily involves the delegation of what graphics I need to produce for that week. At the start of every week, (either Monday or Tuesday) we have a team phone call and schedule deadlines for the necessary graphics that are being assigned. Each week I am responsible for our continuing social media campaigns that involve posting a 'lyric of the week' graphic on Saturdays and a morning inspiration graphic every Sunday. Every two weeks I am responsible for creating a e-newsletter sent out to all Alex and Ani retail and corporate employees. The departmental newsletter includes the newly added songs to the retail playlist in all Alex and Ani stores and includes an update on Colour of London,  whether that be upcoming shows, recent press, or newly released music. 

In addition to those requirements, each week I'm responsible for additional graphics pertaining to recent events, holidays, or promotional packages. For example, this past Valentine's Day,  I created a graphic to post on all social media with lyrics to their single "Shine Out," the main song you will hear in Alex and Ani television and radio commercials. We also had the lead singer post an Instagram video singing the lyrics used in the graphic. It's important to always keep in mind how we can tie any post for social media back to the Colour of London brand. 

Lucky for me, the digital age makes it physically impossible not to stay in touch. And with so much physical space between me and my coworkers, communication is the key force that connects us.  

**
Listen & download "Shine Out" for free here: http://www.briterevolution.com/artists/colouroflondon/

No comments:

Post a Comment