Sunday, February 16, 2014

Learning to Delegate and Supervise

Time has always been a factor for my independent study at the middle school. Today, I learned the news that there would be no Visual Arts class on thursday due to parent teacher meetings regarding students’ report cards. I was slightly disappointed when I was informed but I was satisfied by how much work was completed by the students today. Some of the students who were particularly shy were more involved but some of the students who were usually very talkative were slightly disruptive. Two students had to be sent outside of class because they were running around. Later on, the principal came in and gave my supervisor and I some tips on how to maintain authority and supervise the students.


In the beginning of class, my supervisor and I split the 6th and 7th graders into groups. The 7th graders were in charge of the bicycle project where they were to create a sky line theme. The 6th graders were split into two separate groups where most of them were in charge of the sneaker project and two to three 6th grade students were in charge of the signage. Some students who particularly showed interest in the project were assigned as creative directors. The 7th graders began brainstorming and drawing sky lines on colored construction paper as a backdrop. The 6th graders began creating three-dimensional textured shapes from colored tissue paper to create trees and flowers for the park theme. Two to three students were part of the graphic design group to work on signage for the bulletin boards by drawing and cutting out letters for the slogan. I am looking forward to seeing the finished projects.  

No comments:

Post a Comment