Monday, February 3, 2014

Trying to be an Adult

Somewhere in our college years we each start the transition from teenager to adult. I wish I could say that by the time I graduate I will be a full fledged adult, but in reality I think I'll still be in the process. To me part of being an adult is knowing how to do all the adult-type things, which thanks to my parents I will be afforded a bit more time to learn. I can still call up my Mom when my sink backs up to assure me that it is indeed the building's fault and not my own (this happened this week!). I can still have her file my taxes because I have no idea what I'm doing and deciding whether I was a 0 or a 1 was stressful enough. She can still help me move back to Philly come Spring term. I still get some help.
Adulthood is a hard and vast unknown. So many forms to fill out, bills to pay, and choices to make. Without any guidance I really would be lost. So I like to say I am in a state of transition, no longer a teenager but not really an adult (cue that song from Crossroads). I am learning though and being on Co-op has been a real test of that. Living in a new city with a real job definitely comes with its share of forms and choices. I am thankful to have a real adult always there to give me advice.

On another note, this project was the highlight of my week. We redid a room in the showroom to hold our new shoe line, which meant new display! Home office sent us these really awesome denim panels for the wall. Then I got to work on our first ever leather "string" art sign. It has a real Americana/ FP Cowgirl vibe. We topped it off with some gold leaf to add a little shine. But I thought I'd show you one of the things I did this week.

A coworker examining our work

a closer look

No comments:

Post a Comment