Thursday, October 23, 2014

Another New Start

This past week at work has been much quieter then those before in part because Monday was a holiday for so many people. While my office was open it was clear that many of the people we work with were not as there were not as many calls or meetings as there usually are on a Monday. However come Tuesday, I could tell that some people were trying to play catch-up from having the day off. The increase of garments coming in and going out was much more then I had thought it would be! It did make me thankful that we had been there the day before so I could get some simple housekeeping like tasks done that, while not exciting were helpful to the women I work for.
While things were quite at Shoshanna this week I was busy finding a second job to fill my time with when I am not in the office. I ended up finding a sales position at Kate Spade, which was exactly what I was hoping to get! The store is small but beautifully laid out which is very similar to the retail store I worked in when I was in high school so I believe this will the perfect fit for me. Since the store, and the staff is so small, the manager said I could be helping with some visual merchandising once she saw that I was a D&M student. I am hoping that she keeps her word on this as it would add something more interesting to the work as well as would be great to add to my resume.

Another reason I am looking forward to working at Kate Spade is because of the nature of the company. In my interview it was stressed that Kate Spade is a real life style brand that puts as much focus on building a relationship with the costumer as it does on selling product. I know as s consumer this is something that I really like when stores do because it makes me feel as though I can trust the product and I am getting someone’s honest opinion instead of having worthless product pushed on me. I am happy to be working for a company that also finds this to be important and I can’t wait for the paperwork to be finished so I can start working. Until then I am looking forward to going to Philly again for one of my best friends birthdays this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment