Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Sick Day

Unfortunately, today I'm home sick. Woke up this morning with a fever and completely drained. I think this weekend celebrating my best friends Nicole's Birthday completely wiped me out. I also wake up at 6:00 AM every morning to go to the gym and have a busy day at work. I think my body was just begging to rest and for a break. I really do miss Philly. Seeing all my friends this past weekend was such a blast and was even harder to say goodbye. While I do love living in NYC, I still feel like I'm missing out in Philly. It makes it harder to go back because then I miss Philly even more. I'm excited for this weekend because my best friend Nicole is visiting. On Saturday, I got her tickets to see Mamma Mia for her birthday. It's one of her favorite musicals and she's never seen it before. It's going to be an absolute blast. We both know all the words to every song so it's going to difficult not to sing-a-long at the show.

Luckily my fever has gone down but I'm still pretty exhausted. Hopefully I'll feel better by tonight because I start my first babysitting job tonight. It's a family with three girls. My aunt who lives in the city emailed all her friends who have kids and they emailed their mommy groups. So I've been getting emails and calls nonstop from mom's who need a babysitter. I'm very excited because it'll be really nice to have some spending money. Plus I love babysitting. I'm also babysitting a few other nights this week so I'll have some spending money for this weekend, which will be nice. Hopefully I'll feel better and will be ready for work tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I completely understand what you are going through! I am completely exhausted. I feel like I do the same thing every day: get up, eat breakfast, go to work, come home, make my lunch for tomorrow, and go to bed then repeat. I guess work really does wipe you out. I have no idea how you wake up so early and go to the gym before work thats crazy. I would be so tired, but I'm glad its working for you. I hope you feel better by the weekend, when Nicole comes to visit!!

    ReplyDelete