Sunday, October 5, 2014

Exciting Intern Life

Three days a week, I wake up at 4:00 am, get on a bus at 6:00 am, and am in New York by 9:00 am.  Every single morning I do this, I wake up asking “Why on earth am I doing this to myself?” Then I get to the city, look around, and think “Oh yeah, this is why.”  New York is amazing. Although I haven’t actually gone around exploring much yet, I get off the bus a few blocks from Times Square and walk to my office thinking about how much I love the city.  I do actually love Philadelphia, but there is something so magical about New York City.  Walking around there makes me feel so excited and ready to get to work.

It’s only been two weeks, but I am already loving my internship doing PR for an Italian fashion house.  I have already learned so much about the public relations industry and cannot wait to continue learning more.  This term is a bit crazy for me because I am taking 19 units on campus (somehow all crammed onto Mondays and Wednesdays) and commute to New York Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays.  My friends and family all think I’m insane for doing this, but it just made sense to me.  It worked well with my schedule and is such a great opportunity and experience, I thought “why on earth would I not do this?”  I cannot believe how much I have learned during such a short period! I’m exhausted all the time and cannot seem to ever get enough sleep, but it is exhilarating and so much fun to be able to do everything I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment