Thursday, October 30, 2014

Time Flies

When I first started at Shoshanna I thought I had a lot to but I had no idea what was coming. Everyday is packed with project after project and I often times find myself not realizing how late in the day it is because I am so busy that I have no time to stop and think about it. Tuesdays are even more hectic then the other days I am there due to the fact that I am the only intern in the office. Luckily most projects are not things that need to be rushed and I can work on them when I finish what I am doing when the assignment is given to me. However this past week every project I was given seemed to be something that needed to be done right away…  especially on Tuesday when I was alone. From the moment I walked in the door I was running around preparing garments for fittings that morning, picking up or delivering items, sewing closures onto items and so much more. Every department seemed to need help with something and that something needed to be done by a certain time. By the time I was going home on Tuesday night I was exhausted and was looking forward to having other interns with me on Thursday.

When Thursday rolled around things were much calmer at the office yet the time sensitive projects continued with a task I was given later in the day that, while not difficult was time consuming and needed a lot of attention so that everything ended up in the correct place. Thankfully I was able to concentrate on this since there were a few other interns working with me who were able to work on other projects that came up. It was a much different experience working within a time crunch and after a more stressful week I hope next week is calmer and my projects are less time sensitive.

1 comment:

  1. I would be very stressed out that things wouldn't get in time, so it seems to be working out well for you. I know its hard to be the only intern in the office (I am always alone on Fridays), but maybe it is better because you get to work with more people in the office and they see how hard you are working. I could also mean that the executives will trust you with more challenging tasks than they would with the other interns. I know that all sounds harder, but I think it will all pay off in the long run! I hope you have a stress free weekend Gina!

    ReplyDelete