Monday, October 27, 2014

Hanging with VIPs

Remember my first blog post, when I was complaining about the amount of press clippings I had to do? Oh I do, and I miss those times when I only had about seven a day. Since the opening last week (I’ll talk about this later), I have been actually drowning in press clippings. This client is all over TV, radio, newspapers, magazines, and websites. It’s very hard to keep up! On Friday, all I did was press clippings from 9:30am to 4:30pm. However, it was very cool to see how much press our client was getting and it made me excited for them.

Now for the more important stuff, the VIP opening party! The event was Wednesday night and we spent all day preparing for it. My job at the event was to take down photo captions, which is a fancy way of saying taking every persons name after their photo is taken. I know in my previous post I said I didn’t want to do this again, however, this time it was a blast. The photographer was so nice and helpful. She made sure I knew what I was doing and that people actually listed to me and gave me their name. I got to meet and talk to a lot of local celebrities and even the owners of the company, which was great. I had a great conversation with one of the owners about Drexel and the Design and Merchandising program. The photographer let me leave a little early and I was even allowed to take a gift bag home, which contained a mystery gift card! I immediately called the number on the gift card, but I was immediately disappointed because my mystery amount was $10.00. I guess its something for all my work. I am so excited to go and shop!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that your second experience helping a photographer was better then the first! I remember when you first wrote about helping at the first event you worked and thinking that it seemed hard to keep up with someone who is quickly snapping photos. It's also so nice that you got to take home a gift bag! I recently had an experince that was similar and something so small makes you feel great because it makes you feel appreciated. That is fantastic that you got to have a good conversation with the owners of the company and weren't stressed about helping the entire night as it seemed you were last time. I hope your experiences at events continue to improve as they have so far!

    ReplyDelete