Wednesday, October 15, 2014

So Many People, So Little Time.

Although sometimes I may complain about being so busy/ tired with my hectic schedule in New York, it seems to be somewhat of a blessing and a curse. This past weekend my roommate and I both went back to Philly to assist our sorority with their annual recruitment activities. Seeing all of my friends in Philly really made me realize how lonely living in New York can be. I'm not sure what I would do without my roommate, I would probably go crazy living alone. Thankfully, due to my three jobs, the only time I really have time to be bored or lonely is on the weekends (much of which is spent sleeping). Yet, I still do have some newfound motivation to reach out to strangers and co-workers in attempts to make some more friends. Besides, isn't this industry all about networking?

Unfortunately, working at Michael Kors has remained pretty uneventful. One of my supervisors said that this would be the last week that we aren't busy, which I am thankful for. The creative directors at Galore have flown to L.A. this week to shoot their new cover girl for the December issue (a celebrity that I am very fond of). They're taking vacation in Asia afterwards, so I won't be seeing them for a bit. With the job being almost all writing though, it won't be hard to communicate what needs to be done. 

Most of my weekdays are spent looking forward to the weekend unfortunately, but I feel like that's how most fully employed people view life. I want to change that. And maybe make some more friends while I'm at it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment