Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Making it Happen

It's 6:30am and I am currently sitting on a Bolt Bus. I'm sitting here in amazement thinking about how well this experience has been going. I cannot believe that I am nearly a month into my internship at Tommy Hilfiger. This entire adventure has shown me that if you truly want something, then you will make it work. Going into this chapter of my life, I had friends, family, and coworkers telling me that I was crazy for being a full time student and keeping my part-time job at Gap all while  picking up an internship in New York three days a week. I have to admit, once I accepted the internship, I began to second guess myself as well. I am so happy I decided to pursue the opportunity regardless. 

Time management has always been a weakness of mine, and this opportunity has taught me this skill in more ways than I could have imagined. I have learned to prioritize the necessities in my life, keeping a balance between work, school, friends, family, and taking care of myself. I thought that I would be making sacrifices left and right, and I am in a way, but it is nothing compared to what I had thought, and I know it will all be worth it in the end. The advice I would give to other students who are thinking about taking up an internship while in school would be to just go for it. There's limited time while you are in school and can attain all this extra experience. Know your dream and do whatever you can do to chase it. If you want to make it happen, you will make whatever it is work.

No comments:

Post a Comment