Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Off To The Races

Well, it's officially beginning to get cold. I also officially have  a cold. The problem with me getting a cold is that once it starts, I never seem to fully recover. This is usually because I never give myself a chance to slow down, and with my current schedule I don't expect things to be any different. 

Rather than relaxing this past weekend, I went to the Far Hills Steeple Chase in North Jersey. Having never been to a horse race before, it was a lot of fun seeing everyone dressed up with their huge tables full of food and drinks. I even managed to get into a conversation with a woman who happens to be the head of bridal at Nicole Miller and she told me to add her on LinkedIn. Looks like I am learning to network after all.




Upon returning to the city on Sunday, I had to meet up with the guitarist in Red Oblivion, a band that is playing at CMJ festival in New York this week. I honestly have never really conducted an interview before, so I was a bit nervous, but in the end everything ended up okay and thankfully I had another intern helping me out. Things to seem to get extra busy when I am asked to do work for Galore on days where I am not working, because after working at Michael Kors 9-6, I hardly have time for myself. "Make it work" is essentially my motto from here on out. Thankfully work has been picking up at Michael Kors as well, I even got do some work coloring in sketches for possible Fall 15 color ways, which was a lot of fun. Hopefully this weekend I will get a little bit more time to relax since I will be staying in the city all weekend, and the prescription medication I had my Dad call me in will help also.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had an exciting week! It's incredible how many people you end up networking with just by holding a conversation in the most unexpected places. The fact that the woman in charge of bridal for Nicole Miller asked you to add her on LinkedIn is so exciting! I hope something comes out of it for you in the future. Feel better because I know going to work sick is no fun at all and I'm sure with your busy schedule, it's making things much more hectic.

    ReplyDelete