Tuesday, October 29, 2013

A Path to NYC


Top of the Rock 

I never thought going into college that my dreams of living in New York City would come to life so quickly. I am grateful to have stumbled upon this path; it has led me to everything I could have wished for. I remember the first time I met with my high school counselor about potential school options, she mentioned Drexel, and I thought, “What in the world is that!” At this time I had my heart set on moving straight to NYC and attending Fordham University, I wanted the city experience, and it sounded like there was no better place to figure out a career path. Unfortunately, I didn’t get accepted into the university of my choice, but luckily Drexel was runner up, and off to Philly it was! I remember freshman year being the hardest; I went through many changes and learned too many lessons. Regardless, Philadelphia is the perfect transition city, and Drexel allowed me to find the right focus and direction.

I believe in timing and patience, and now I understand what all those preliminary steps in my first two years of college were for. I am ecstatic for the chance to explore and learn about the “real world,” I love the fact that Drexel allows us to do a test run in our industry of choice. Everyone I have told so far about my co-op says they wish they had the same experience when they were in school! All in all, it is such a coincidence that part of my college years turned out to be in NYC, and I cannot wait to see what the future brings- hopefully next will be studying abroad! 

No comments:

Post a Comment