Saturday, October 5, 2013

Working With the Dogs

         This week I had my first day interning at the showroom for local clothing company Duke and Winston. The clothing is a preppy outlook on casual wear. Duke and Winston's showroom has walls covered in British inspired artwork and novelties that remind customers of the designer Sean's inspirations. I started off the day redesigning the stores front window. Window displays always interest me as they are a place I really can turn on my creativity to it's full extent. I had fun with the display, putting a bowler hat on a stuffed bulldog (reminiscent of the brand's logo, the bulldog named Duke), and hanging new shirts on clothing lines. I also did a lot of tagging of the new inventory that will be released for the holiday season. There is a lot of freedom with this internship, if I would like to do something the likelihood is that I will be actually able to. For instance, I am researching and coming up with ideas to improve their social media outlets and make them more effective at bringing in customers to purchase the clothing and accessories. This is my first time interning for a company and so far it is going well, especially since everyone who works here is so nice and welcoming!
          The other part of this internship that is so exciting is the two dogs that are there. Both where are adopted by Sean and are so sweet. Being away from my puppy at home has been hard so now at least I can play with two cute dogs at work! Having dogs in the office definitely adds a nice feel to the environment which is much appreciated. 

1 comment:

  1. Claire, I think it is great that you are allowed creative freedom in your internship. It really shows that you are are valued intern at Duke and Winston. I also think it is important that you feel welcomed and comfortable there, especially since it is a creative environment. When I am away at school I also find it difficult to be away from my pets. Having two dogs at work is a huge stress reliever, also providing a more welcoming feeling. It sounds like a great place to work! I am looking forward to hearing more about your experience. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete