Thursday, October 31, 2013

More Halloween Fun

   After a great weekend of Halloween fun, I am sad to say I have been sick all week. Feeling horribly congested, tired, and weak I am really feeling the consequences of being out three nights in a row. Usually when I do not feel well I just schedule a visit to the Drexel health center and spend the day alternating between rest and homework; with a coop job, it just isn't that easy.
   It is really hard for me to ask for a day off or a shorter day because I just recently started and will only be here for six short months. I have been trying to stick out my terrible cold, but it is much harder to do than I had hoped.
   On a lighter note, being that today is Halloween, everyone at my office is in a more fun and festive mood. There are tons of baked goods, including these amazing chocolate, peanut butter cookie concoctions and lots of candy. They have also decided to hold a Halloween party with a costume contest. It is pretty hilarious to see all of these business men and women dressed causally with funny hats and stick on mustaches. I really enjoy days here that are more laid back such as this one; it is almost like having two Fridays in a row!

3 comments:

  1. Diana, I am so sick too!!! Just try to sleep in this weekend, thats what I will be doing! Also those cookies are my favorite kind to make I hope you enjoyed them!

    xoxo
    Feel better!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diana, I feel your pain. My whole office must be passing around a cold because when we got back from California we've all been sick! It's good you're not letting it get in the way of your work! Feel better!

    ReplyDelete