Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Tour!

This week at A&A Entertainment has been all about the promotion of Colour of London's tour beginning mid November. They are joining Johnny Gates and the Invite, a fellow Nashville band, on their Northeast Fall Tour for 6 dates across New England. I have been in charge of making several graphics announcing tour dates, venues, and times used for social media purposes and promotion. I am sad that I will not be able to attend any of the performances as I love to see the guys play, it is an exhilarating experience for the audience as they have great stage presence and are truly talented guys. 

Jimmie Allen is the lead singer and was a top 40 contestant on American Idol. He sadly did not win but not for lack of talent. He truly has an amazing voice and every time I hear him sing he ignites a fire in my musical soul. You may have seen him on the latest Taylor Swift commercial for Diet Coke, he's the guy in the car singing "It feels like a perfect night to dress up like hipsters." Jimmie is 28 but acts no older than 18, he is young at heart and a goofball. Nate Woodall is the lead guitarist and also has previous experience with American Idol joining Jimmie for the Idols of America Tour in Japan in 2011. 

Nate and Jimmie are complete opposites that share a common bond in their love for music. Jimmie is loud and demands attention while Nate is more soft-spoken, more reserved. Jimmie has no filter while you may have to pull things out of Nate to get him going. Throughout this experience I have gotten to know the guys really well and have developed a close bond with them. I am lucky that I have musicians as co-workers, as there never is a dull moment when working with them. I can't wait to see them soon, as it is always a good time when we get together. If you or someone you know happens to be in the New England area for the dates below, I highly recommend going to see them play! 



No comments:

Post a Comment