Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Living The Brand

Right now I am in Lake Tahoe, California with the entire North Face Team! I have heard so much about the sales meeting and now I am finally here! I am meeting people from all of North America including people from Canada and teams from Asia and South America as well. It is amazing to see that the brand stretches internationally and I get to meet people that are doing the same things we do in West  Chester. I get to interact with amazing people that work for the brand like the design team and product development team as well as the marketing team that helps push the products. We learn about every activity under the activity based model and hear it straight from the designers themselves about why they made certain design choices. It's so interesting because every activity has similar designs with their respective differences to fit their customer. It's also crazy that the brand is so large that each category has such a different customer. For example, performance does not have the same customer as  action sports.

In about an hour we are heading out to the Sochi Olympic party to watch a movie about the athletes and get ready for the 2014 Olympics!

I am learning so much and can't wait to bring the information back with me to help with selling to accounts!

3 comments:

  1. I have always wanted to go to California, and I am envious that you are spending time there. It seems as though you are experiencing all aspects of the company, which is insightful when working as an intern for a large company. It shows you how much trust The North Face has in you as a person and an intern. I hope you can upload some pictures because I would love to see what you're doing on the other side of the country!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lake Tahoe is such a beautiful place and I am so glad you are enjoying it. Also I am so super jealous because it is FREEZING in Philadelphia.
    It sounds like your job is so amazing. You really get to be a part of the team which is so huge. I love that you are learning all about the whole company, that will be so valuable when you graduate and choose what you want to do. I agree with Allegra I can not wait to see photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, California was gorgeous! It was so sad coming home to colder weather even though I was in the mountains. I got to work so hands on with people high up in the company and had an amazing time! It's crazy to see how much they are investing in me and then they are sending me on the road all over the east coast to sell to accounts, it's going to be amazing!

    ReplyDelete