Friday, October 18, 2013

New Places

Today instead of working at Duke and Winston's showroom I got to attend one of their trunk shows at a private high school. Having a change of setting was nice and gave me a different outlook on the company and it's customers. I got to see a lot of customers that normally would not come in to the showroom to buy stuff but either order online or buy at trunk shows (which makes up a large part of the customer base). Duke and Winston is also opening up a second store where these customers will be able to get to easier then the showroom in Northern Liberties. I really liked being able to interact with the customers because it gave me a better understanding of the company. Being able to understand who is buying the product is obviously the most important aspect of a company selling things so I am glad I finally am able to understand this better.

It was also really nice seeing how a trunk show works and how it differs from what is done in a showroom. The amount of work that is put in to producing these sales really ends up paying off for the company which is obviously a good thing. I really am learning a lot on how a company starting up has to do a lot of different things to get sales and attention from consumers.

No comments:

Post a Comment