Thursday, October 10, 2013

An Afternoon in the Parc

       Last Friday I was told that my coworkers and I would be going to a lunch for the Marketing staff.   All I knew was that  I had to meet everyone at the Stephen Starr restaurant, Parc, in Rittenhouse Square for a 1:15 reservation. I was looking forward to getting out if the office at 12:30 but just assumed this lunch would be all business. For the first time in my life I breezed down 95 south, making it into Center City in about twenty minutes. I didn't save much time though because parking on a Friday in the city is pretty much impossible.   I finally got to Parc at about 1:30 and was pleasantly surprised to learn my lunch would only be with the five people I work most closely with and our lunch was not business related at all.
       My coworkers told me that every so often we go out to lunch on Friday afternoons as a reward for how hard everyone works. Parc is an extremely nice restaurant and has a French inspired menu. It was a perfect day outside so we were able to sit with the widows comfortably open facing the beautiful greenery of Rittenhouse Square. This was the first time I had ever sat around and had the opportunity to spend time with essentially all of my bosses all at once. But it was the least bit intimidating, they were all very eager to get to know me better and vice versa. It it's great to spend time with these people outside of a business environment. .. Oh and to get home at 3:30 on a Friday !

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like so much fun! It's awesome when you can hang out with the people you work with and relax. Also, I've eaten at Parc before and it is so good! It sounds like a great way to get to know your bosses better on another level and enjoy your Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to go to Parc for awhile now and have not gotten the chance. Your trip there inspires me to plan a visit, especially trying to soak up the last few mild, sunny days of Fall before it gets too cold! What a beautiful way to end a work week- relaxing with your coworkers with good food, good conversation and good times! I have been out with my bosses a couple times, it is a great way to get to know each other outside the work environment and on a more personal level.

    ReplyDelete